What skills do I need?
To be successful in business you will need to develop a wide range of skills including:
- Cognitive and problem-solving skills:
- critical thinking
- approaching non-routine problems by applying expert and creative solutions
- using new systems and technology.
- Intrapersonal skills
- good communication
- teamworking and collaboration
- negotiating and influencing
- self-presentation and self-management
- adaptability and resilience
- self-monitoring and development.
How is the course graded?
Units are assessed using a grading scale of distinction, merit, pass and unclassified.
All mandatory and optional units contribute proportionately to the overall qualification grade e.g. a unit of 120 GLH will contribute double that of a 60 GLH unit. There is no unit grade of D*.
For external units only, a grade of N may be awarded for learners not gaining enough marks for a P grade.
Final Qualifications results are graded using a scale of P to D*.
The mandatory units are:
Unit 1 - Exploring business (coursework-based)
Unit 2- Developing a marketing campaign (externally assessed within an allocated time)
Unit 3 - Personal and business finance (written examination)
Optional units (coursework-based) of which one will be chosen:
- The recruitment and selection process
- Investigating customer service
- Market research
- The English legal system
- Work experience in business