What will I learn?
The course aims to enable learners to demonstrate an understanding of the science of food safety, nutrition and nutritional needs in a wide range of contexts, and through ongoing practical sessions. Students will gain practical skills to produce food items to meet the needs of individuals. Other areas of focus are to allow learners to develop their understanding of the science of food safety and hygiene.
How is the course graded?
The course is graded through external and internal assessments.
Unit 1: Meeting nutritional needs of specific groups: internal and external assessment.
- Experimenting to solve food production problems: internal assessment.
- Current issues in food science and nutrition: internal assessment
- Range of practical based skills.
- Skills to ensure their own dietary health and well being.
- Ability to problem solve.
- The skills of project based research, development and presentation.
- Ability to apply mathematical and ICT skills
What is next for me after this course?
This course could lead to university courses in:
- BSc Food and Nutrition
- BSc Human Nutrition
- BSc (Hons) Public health Nutrition
- BSc (Hons) Food Science and Technology