What will I learn?
This qualification equips you with the broad understanding of the essential knowledge and skills needed to help you begin or progress in a wide variety of Health and Social Care professionals.
The main areas of study can include:
- Human development
- Effective communication
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and Social Care
In addition a wide variety of optional units are available to allow students to develop depth of understanding in certain areas, this may include:
- Health education
- Caring for children and young people
What skills do I need?
- You will need to be motivated to work hard and progress on a steady basis. Completing six units means that you can’t just leave work until later in the course.
- You will need good written communication skills as all of the assessment evidence will be portfolio based.
- You will need to be organised and able to research information independently.
- You must be willing to go outside the classroom to work in new situations and environments.
- You will be expected to be aware of current affairs by reading around the subject.
How is the course graded?
This course will be assessed using both internal and external procedures. Staff will track and monitor students progress within lessons, providing feedback to ensure all students are successful.
What is next for me after this course?
This course carries UCAS points, allowing students to go onto university and study a wide variety of areas including nursing, social work, childhood and professional practice studies.