Our team of tutors will be there to guide you through all of the key decisions in your two/three years with us through:
- specialised events to cater for all future destinations such as universities, apprenticeships, college or employment
- a ‘bridging course’ for all prospective students to attend and participate in taster lessons with additional skill sessions to help prepare for that large step from GCSE and Level 2 BTEC to A Level and Level 3
- guest speakers to motivate and provide aspirations for future destinations after successful study
- specialised advice on the university application process – how to successfully navigate UCAS and gain offers from your preferred university
- close links to Durham and Newcastle Universities with opportunities to gain lowered university offers.
We have a wide range of enrichment activities set up to help with your university applications. You can:
- Choose to participate in activities which are already set up or show your initiative and set up your own, the support will always be there
- contribute to our school charity – organise and run an event
- participate in one of our clubs or societies which cater for all interests inside and outside the school environment
- mentor or tutor students in our lower school and become the role model that raises the aspirations of others
- take part in one of the many trips that the school offers from trips to Italy and France to charity-driven events to Romania, Tanzania or South Africa.