• Jumpers or cardigans should be worn at all times, unless specific permission is given by a member of staff to remove them.
• Shirts should be tucked in.
• Students must wear their jumper or cardigan over their trousers or skirt (not tucked in).
• Belts (if worn) should be plain and should not be visible. Large fashion belts are not acceptable or part of the school uniform.
• The Academy reserves the right to decide that the cut and colour of a student’s hairstyle is inappropriate. Extreme styles e.g. tramlines, mohicans, extreme short / shaved sides with longer on top are not permitted.
• Hair should be a natural colour (one colour only).
• Hair bands should be plain dark colours, thin and not overly decorative e.g. no large flowers.
• No necklaces, bracelets or rings should be worn. • Students may wear one single metal stud in each earlobe – no other visible piercings are allowed.
• Visible body piercings are not allowed e.g. nose, tongue, top of the ear.
• Parents are advised that if a child is to have a piercing it must take place at the start of the six weeks’ holiday and it must be removed on the first day of term. Students will not be allowed to cover piercings with an elastoplast.
• No false, gel or acrylic nails and no brightly coloured varnish. • For health and safety reasons, nails need to be of a sensible length. • No false eyelashes.
• No make-up except in Years 9, 10 and 11 where discreet, natural make-up can be worn. Excessive makeup is not acceptable.
• No tattoos.
• No fake tan.