Our school uniform
Items marked with a * are only available from Emblematic.
Blazers, ties and shirts
- Dark green school blazer with embroidered school badge*
- School tie (green and gold for Years 7-9; green and silver for Years 10-11) *
- Plain white school shirt buttoned to the neck.
|Jumper (optional item)
- Grey v-neck jumper with the school badge.*
- Jumpers may be worn underneath the blazer only.
Trousers or skirts
• Plain black, formal full-length straight cut trousers - ‘regular’ or ‘straight’ fit. Must be at least 7.5inches/18cm wide at the bottom. No denim, leggings or superslim / skinny style.
• Pleated or straight pencil skirt - not tight fitting or stretch material and must be no more than one inch above the knee. Skirts must not be shortened.
• Black ankle socks must be worn with trousers.
• Black opaque tights must be worn with skirts.
Whilst suitable skirts and trousers are widely available from a range of suppliers, we have worked closely with Emblematic to create trousers and skirts with the academy logo which meet our uniform rules.
Plain black, formal, leather or leather-style shoes which can be polished. No trainers, plimsolls or boots. Please see our information leaflet which details appropriate shoe styles.
Students should wear an appropriate coat to school in colder or wet weather (any colour permitted). Outside coats must be removed before entering classrooms.
• PE polo shirt with Bedlington Academy logo * • Black shorts/tracksuit bottoms/sports leggings • Moulded ‘Astro’ pimple sole trainers
• Indoor sports trainers
• A black base layer (worn underneath the PE polo shirt during colder months) • Mid layer top with Bedlington Academy logo *
• Hoodie with Bedlington Academy logo*
• Rain Jacket with Bedlington Academy logo*
• Sports socks*
Moulded ‘Astro’ pimple sole trainers are a compulsory item. These are the only suitable footwear accepted on the 3G Sports Pitch. Metal studs, blades and flat sole trainers are not accepted.
Students may bring an additional pair of sports trainers for indoor use. However, pimple soled Astro trainers can be worn in the Sports Hall. Plimsolls, converse or canvas types are not suitable.
- Blazers should be worn at all times, unless specific permission is given by a member of staff to remove them.
- Shirts should be tucked in.
- Students must wear their jumper (if worn) over their trousers or skirt (not tucked in). Belts (if worn) should be plain and should not be visible. Large fashion belts are not acceptable or part of the school uniform.
|Makeup and hair
Extreme styles e.g. tramlines are not permitted.
- Hair should be a natural colour (one colour only).
- Hair bands should be plain dark colours, thin and not overly decorative No false, gel or acrylic nails and no brightly coloured varnish.
- For health and safety reasons, nails need to be of a sensible length.
- No false eyelashes.
- Make up and fake tan should be discreet (not visible)
- No visible tattoos.
- No necklaces, bracelets or rings may be worn.
- Students may wear one single metal stud in each earlobe – no other visible piercings are allowed.
- Visible body piercings are not allowed e.g. nose, tongue, top of the ear. Parents are advised that if a child is to have a piercing it must take place at the start of the six weeks’ holiday and it must be removed on the first day of term. Students will not be allowed to cover piercings with an elastoplast.
- Caps are not to be worn on the school premises.
Students should bring the following to school with them each day:
- a school bag (any colour) which is big enough to carry an A4 folder. Backpack style bags are recommended as they provide better support
- a pencil case containing pen, pencil, ruler and rubber (students should make sure they have spares of each item)
- a refillable water bottle (water fountains are available throughout the school). Other drinks may be purchased at break and lunchtime, however only water bottles are permitted in lessons. Energy drinks may not be brought into school.
If students have mobile phones, these must remain switched off in their bag while at school and must not be seen or used during the school day. Mobile phones will be confiscated if used in school. Should a mobile phone be confiscated from a student, it will be kept by the Year Manager until the end of the school day. The Academy will take very seriously instances where a mobile phone has been used to film, photograph or record staff or students without their permission. Our behaviour policy outlines sanctions which will be applied in these cases.
The Academy is working with Community School Clothing Scheme which enables parents/carers to source free second hand uniform items. We have a clothing bank next to the main entrance where pre-loved uniform can be donated. Using this platform means that parents/carers are not only saving money but also contributing to a more sustainable future, reducing the amount of wearable uniform going to landfill. Further details can be found at Community School Clothing Scheme.